Happy Song - Delirious (cover version - Covideo Sessions No. 17)


I had a request for this one from a former student speaking on behalf of a group of them. It was for many years the most popular of our worship songs at our school masses, to the point where we (the staff worship/rock band, the Manic Street Teachers) would get asked, for example, to perform it each year at the 6th Form Leavers' Ball.
Lyrics: Oh I could sing unending songs Of how you saved my soul Well I could dance a thousand miles Because of your great love. My heart is bursting Lord To tell of all you've done Of how you changed my life And wiped away the past I want to shout it out From every roof top sing For now I know that God Is for me not against me

For joy is in this place!
Everybody's singing now 'cause we're so happy Everybody's dancing now 'cause we're so happy If only we could see your face And see you smiling over us
And unseen angels celebrate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God