Holiday time - pt.2

Yesterday afternoon, Col de Val Louron-Azet in the Pyrenees at 1,580m. Av. 8.5% gradient climb over 8km. First couple of km felt like I was going to melt. Temperature eased a little as I got higher and I finished quite strongly. Wouldn't normally ride here in the afternoon but wanted to get the legs turning after the long journey driving. A day hiking tomorrow, Pla d'Adet + a small Col Tues. then Aspin + Tourmalet Weds. Then it's over to our house near St. Jean de Luz for a week cycling and hiking in the western Pyrenees of the Basque region. It's a hard life!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God