"Where I Belong" - Switchfoot

One of my all-time favourite album closers, "Where I Belong" from Switchfoot's last album, "Vice Verses" (their new one "Fading West" is out in a few days).

This is a wonderfully uplifting song and it's all done on 2 chords (except a short bridge towards the end). Love it to bits, and the final verses never fails to make me well up

Chorus:
"Until I die I'll sing these songs
On the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home
In a world where I belong

Where the weak are finally strong
Where the righteous right the wrongs
Still looking for a home
In a world where I belong."

Final verse:
"On the final day I die
I want to hold my head up high
I want to tell you that I tried
To live it like a song

And when I reach the other side
I want to look you in the eye
And know that I've arrived
In a world where I belong."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God