Fragrance Prayer - Tom Booth (cover version) - Covideo Sessions No. 7


Correction: Yes, it is a sweatshirt, not a t-shirt!! :-) This worship song was written by the American Catholic worship leader, Tom Booth, based on a prayer by Cardinal Saint John Henry Newman which was popularised by Mother Teresa (St. Teresa of Calcutta).
Booth used to be music director for the Life Teen youth movement which began in the US and is now in 31 countries. Our LifeTeen group in Liverpool, which Fr. Justin Price osb began in St. Austin's Parish, Liverpool back in 1999, was one of the first outside the US.
Lyrics:
Dear Jesus, Help me to spread your fragrance everywhere that I go. Dear Jesus, Flood my soul with your spirit and your love. Penetrate and possess my being So utterly that all my life may Only be a radiance of you. Dear Jesus,
Help me to spread your fragrance everywhere that I go.
Help me to spread your fragrance everywhere that I go. Dear Jesus, Flood my soul with your spirit and your love. Shine through me and be so in me That every soul I come in contact With may feel your presence in my soul. Dear Jesus, Dear Jesus,
Flood my soul with your spirit and your love.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for this James. Prayer through music is so powerful.
You sister.
Helen.

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God