Celebrating life as a Brother



A couple of weeks ago we celebrated the 50th jubilee of Bro. Jacques Jouvance, member of our community in Liverpool. Bro. Jacques came to Liverpool upon his retirement as a teaching Brother in France in 2009, the year I transferred to our Southampton community. We've been in community together in Liverpool now since 2013. Jacques is a wonderful cook, green-fingered gardener and lovely company in community. This summer we went to World Youth Day together, helping to accompany a group of 120 French and Spanish young people.


Twenty years ago this month I took my final vows as a De La Mennais Brother during a Mass at SFX College (it's 26 years since I started my life as a Brother). It's been a wild and wonderful ride since then. So many amazing experiences in the service of young people. It's been a privilege sharing them with the Brothers and lay people God has put on my path. And I've been so blessed to have made many friendships that continue to sustain and enrich me.



Only discovered this lovely photo of me and my parents recently in a bag of photos that had been in our archive room in Southampton.


Deo gratias!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God