My Hope Is In You, Fall Afresh + Fatherless - some fresh and prayerful worship songs

There are a few worship songs that have particularly grabbed me these couple of weeks whilst discerning what songs to prepare with my fellow musicians for the Redemptorist Youth Ministry Retreat Day this Sat. The theme of the retreat is "Stand strong in your faith”. This first song fits the bill: “My Hope Is In You” by Aaron Shust. I love singing + playing it, making the words my own. Plus, the video to it doesn't go quite where you might think.


Another is “Fall Afresh” by Jeremy Riddle, which is an updating of the ideas from “Spirit of the living God”, the ‘70s folk hymn. I love this mellow acoustic version that he does with Bethel Music:


The final one I would like to share here is “Fatherless” by The Awaken Movement, a British worship collective that was aided in the recording of their first EP by ex-Delirious? guitarist Stu Garrard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God