Living Joyfully our lives as religious Brothers

On Saturday I spent the day in London at Heythrop College with my good friend Bro. Ben Foy (De La Salle) discussing the celebration of the Year of Consecrated Life, religious life as Brothers/brothers to all, vocation ministry, safeguarding ministry, our shared spiritual heritage, etc... 

We've been coming together for such sharing and discussion for about 15 yrs. now, in the past together with Bro. Michael Newman (St. John of God) who is now working in Africa. I always find our time together stimulating, encouraging and empowering. It gives me renewed confidence that it is worth persevering in my life as a consecrated Brother, that we Brothers STILL have an important role to play in the life of the Church, especially in our ministry with young people.


These encounters give me hope and give me the courage to keep fighting the good fight.




Bro. Ben Foy in front of Heythrop College, London.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God