Swimathon 2013 for Marie Curie Cancer Care

Myself and Br. Francis here in Southampton are gradually clearing out unwanted stuff from our 4-storey, 22 bedroom community house - and its cellar - in preparation for closing the community and moving back to our Liverpool community in August (another 2 skips filled during the Easter holidays). There's a lot of history here for the congregation as well as for each of us personally: we are both former pupils and Francis is also a former Head... not easy. The house will be given over to our school here (St. Mary's College) for them to make use of. 

As a result of having so many jobs to do relating to the move, I'm not undertaking my usual multi-day sponsored cycle this year. I am, however, doing the national Swimathon sponsored swim for Marie Curie Cancer Care on the evening of Sat. Apr. 27th (next Sat.). I'll be doing the maximum 5km distance and, to add an extra challenge, a 100 mile (160 km) cycle from Southampton to Fleet and back that same morning.

If you have come across this blog by accident, or if you are an occasional/regular visitor, either way I would be delighted if you could sponsor me, even just a little amount. Marie Curie Cancer Care do remarkable work for cancer sufferers and their families. Find out more here:

http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/en-GB/events/swimming/


You can pay online by clicking on the link to my fundraising page below. 


I would also ask that those who feel able would say a prayer for all those running the London Marathon this Sunday, as well as keeping the people of Boston and West, Texas in your thoughts and prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God