Dave Edwards

Apologies about the delay in getting back to the articles about our Togo trip. It's been a rather stressful (to say the least) last few weeks. As well as my father passing away a month ago, a friend from my cycling club, Dave Edwards, was involved in an accident while riding in the same group as me on May 6th, coming off his bike very heavily and ending up in a coma. Tragically he never regained consciousness. Dave died last Sunday (May 20th).

Dave was a very likeable and popular member of the club and had kept himself incredibly fit. When we heard that he was 75 yrs. old none of us could believe it. That's him front right in the below photo (me on the left, next row behind) during a ride last July. He had been a club cyclist since his teens, riding to quite a high standard.

God love you and your family, Dave.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God