A metaphorical slap in the face...

You know how sometimes you put 200% effort into something and all some people can do is carp + criticise + question your judgement no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try...

I suppose days like today are good for the soul... teaching humility. Fortunately, the majority opinion was that the criticism was totally unfounded.

All in all, not good for the stress levels + skin rashes. And all this served as a distraction to the job in hand: a full day of final rehearsals for our school play (first performance tomorrow), for which I am sound + music co-ordinator, with a team of 4 pupil technicians.

Oh well, chin up, look ahead, move on... but dear Lord, just make sure that days like today don't happen TOO often please. I really couldn't cope if they did!

Comments

Anonymous said…
" I really couldn't cope if they did!"

You really are asking for trouble! That is what The Lord wants you to experience! "rest on me" He says....something about overburdened etc.!

Best wishes ( and I know how you feel)
Bro. Jim Hayes said…
:-) Yes, you are right, of course. One of my favourite hymns is "Come To the Water"... "Oh let all who thirst..." I think this is all part of that lesson in humility. It's not about whether or not "I" can cope, but rather about recognising that God is quite happy to cope for me, if only I would let him and letting him do so.

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God