Sponsored triathlon for Zoë's Place baby hospice

It's that time again!! I'm doing another sponsored sporting event. This time to raise money for a most deserving local charity in Liverpool:

Zoë's Place Babies Hospice (http://www.zoesplaceliverpool.org/)

About Us

Zoë’s Place Liverpool was the first Zöe’s Place Baby Hospice in the UK. Following the fabulous work carried out in Liverpool, it was recognised that there was a need for more Baby Hospices in the UK. Subsequently, Zoë’s Place Middlesbrough opened in 2004. There are now also plans in place for a new Zoë’s Place to be built in Coventry.
Zoë’s Place Liverpool has now been in operation for 15 years, caring for babies with multiple special needs and life limiting or life threatening conditions. The Hospice does not have a set catchment area and welcomes babies from all over the UK. Zoë’s Place currently cares for 45 babies and their families on a one to one basis, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Zoë’s Place relies upon the generosity of the public, grant making trusts and our corporate partners to raise our current running costs of £750,000 per annum. Zoë’s Place currently benefits from a Department of Health Grant to enhance our services. If you would like to help us to raise funds for our special babies, please visit our fundraising pages for more information. You can also access all of our latest press releases and the current edition of our Smile magazine. Please use the following links to find out more.

So what is it I'm doing to raise money? I undertake to participate in and complete the Liverpool Triathlon on June 21st (750 metres swim, 20 km cycle, 5 km run).
If you wish to sponsor me for this event please go to my JustGiving page where you can donate AND automatically get Gift Aid added to your donation. See here - http://www.justgiving.com/brojames
Even just a few pounds would be great. I know things are tight for people at present, but Zoë's Place relies on donations to keep going and they do truly marvellous work. Each year our Yr. 11 pupils do various fund-raising activities for the Hospice and some get a chance to visit it and see how the money is put to good use.
Many thanks in advance for your generosity. I'll let you know how I get on.
Training has been going well (especially the swimming). You'll see in the below photo just how fetching I look in a wetsuit (only joking!)

God bless,
Bro. James


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Brother James I like your blog. My name is Brett Fonseca and I just started a new blog.. I linked your site in my blogroll and was wondering if you could put my link in your blogroll?

here is my site

http://contemplativeyouth.wordpress.com/
Bro. Jim Hayes said…
Hi Brett,

Thanks for the message. Sorry it's been a while, but I've at last put you on my blogroll too. Good blog. Keep up the good work for the Lord!

God bless.

Bro. James

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God