Mum + Dad

As I said in my previous post, I went over to Ireland to see my parents last weekend. Both are in their 80s and are now together in the same nursing home: Mum = bed/chair bound, Dad = wheelchair bound. Neither can walk but both remain pretty alert mentally, though Dad's Parkinson's is gradually taking its toll. What is lovely is that after having been through much trauma and suffering throughout their life together, they have each attained a level of inner peace which I think shines out from their faces. A God-given grace for which I am immensely grateful.

The photo was taken just after the Saturday evening Mass of Pentecost.

Comments

Holy Famoley said…
A lovely photo, Brother James.
Victoria Mildew said…
Hello,Br.,

What a truly beautiful photo of your mum and dad looking so serene and at peace.

A wonderful example of "Let Go, Let God"

O.P.I.

VM
<>,
Bro. Jim Hayes said…
Thanks both of you. A hard-earned peace that is all the more wonderful to see.

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God