Going back to the source...


Uganda08 training 0208 - 52, originally uploaded by bro_james.

I love this chapel.... chapel? Well, actually, it's the size of some cathedrals. It is part of my congregation's Mother House in Ploërmel, Brittany. The tomb of our (co-) Founder, Fr. Jean-Marie De La Mennais has for some years now been situated to one side of this chapel.

I love going back to our Mother House (or Mother Ship as visiting groups of pupils that I have brought over for youth gatherings there from our Liverpool school regularly call it). It is a place of great history and resonance for us Brothers, but there is also a wonderful sense of calm and prayerfulness about the whole place.

I also love spending time with some of our retired (but still active) Brothers who live there, many of whom work each day in the extensive grounds of our property tending plants, trees, etc... Amongst them are many wonderful characters with tremendous stories to tell.

Comments

Holy Famoley said…
What a fabulous vaulted ceiling! I'm not surprised that you love going back there - it looks like a very inspirational place.
Bro. Jim Hayes said…
It is indeed! I am there at our Mother House in Brittany this very moment having come over for a weekend of meetings to prepare for our Provincial Chapter in October.

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God