New Year break - 3: Lourdes cont.

The Basilica steps and the new mosaics commissioned for the Jubilee year, illustrating the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary.

Lourdes parish church up the hill in the town where Bernadette was baptised.


Pictures of Bernadette and her parents. Looking at them again after many years (though I've been to Lourdes about 16 times, it's about 15 years since I visited the Boly Mill, the cachot, etc...) I was struck by the directness and strength of character shown in each of the faces. Surely not coincidental...


The Boly Mill, Bernadette's birthplace.


Bro. Henri in the one room "cachot" prison where the family lived after the mill went bankrupt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God