Delirious? live @ Liverpool Anglican Cathedral tonight

Great gig with the D: boys (as usual). Some promising new material from
their forthcoming album, lots from "The Mission Bell" and a mixture of
classics. One of the high points came towards the end when Martin Smith
told us that the band were going into the studio Monday to record some
of the final tracks for the album and were looking for some backing
vocalists for one track in particular... that's where we came in!
Martin proceeded to teach us the chorus and got us to sing it back to
him a few times.



We seemed to get through it pretty well, but just at the end of the
take someone at the front of the audience shouted out and ruined the
take. Martin showed his sense of humour with a laugh and a comment:
"Someone near that guy just turn and give him a nice Christian punch in
the face!" He then encouraged us to give it another go but louder. The
results were actually much more impressive than the first time round.
Smithy then provided the pay-off: "Someone near that guy give him a big
kiss!" :-)





delirious.org.uk - Promotional Pictures - The Mission Bell

Blogged with Flock

Comments

Holy Famoley said…
Sounds like it was fab! Wish I'd known they were on but I didn't know 'til I saw a poster in the chaplaincy at Hope on Friday. Anyway I'm busy playing beat the essay deadline so I wouldn't have made it! I saw them at Greenbelt back in August and they were brill then, too.
Anonymous said…
Did my BEd Degree in Divinity at Christ's College Liverpool...remember SFX...
Bro. Jim Hayes said…
Best of luck with the essay holy famoley.

Jackie, I hope your memories are positive. Forgive me for being indiscreet, but when was it you studied there? I did my PGCE there in 1991-92.

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God