"My Saviour"

"We must rekindle in ourselves the impetus of the beginnings and allow ourselves to be filled with the ardour of the apostolic preaching which followed Pentecost…. This passion will not fail to stir in the Church a new sense of mission...Those who have come into genuine contact with Christ cannot keep him for themselves."

The quote from Novo Millennio Ineunte given in the previous entry has made me think of a song that I wrote a few years ago, a live performance of which can be found on my MySpace page (see links on the left).

My Saviour

Your love is a fire that brings us new life,
Your love is a beacon to draw others to you,
Your love it consumes me, driving me out of myself,
To show others, to show others how much you’ve done for me.

Jesus, Jesus,
My Lord and God, my Saviour.
Jesus, Jesus,
My Lord and God, my Saviour.

These words sum up for me the nature of my apostolate with young people, alternatively expressed by my order's co-founder Fr. Jean-Marie De La Mennais (1780-1860):

to make Jesus Christ better known and better loved among young people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God