The return to the womb

Another post in response to friend David Kralik (see his blog linked below):

That's a very interesting idea - the return to the womb + the cyclical nature of existence. Our annual 1 week retreat and termly recollection days perform a similar function. Sabbatical years also. In fact, Sundays themselves too. More + more I'm feeling the call to make my attitude during such times (a greater willingness to learn + to listen to God in my heart, allowing myself to be recreated) my default daily attitude in the world where I am, to live the womb experience in my place of mission. Daily recreation. It can be tough. Takes great humility + spiritual detachment. Clay in the potter's hands. Your blog also made me think of T. S. Eliot's "Little Gidding" esp. this passage in the last section:

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started 
And know the place for the first time..." 

Not quite the same idea as yours and more to do with the cyclical nature of life and death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God