We Have All the Time In The World

I rediscovered this gem of a song today, composed by the great John Barry (music) + Hal David (lyrics) and performed by the inimitable Louis Armstrong (his last recorded performance). I hadn't realised that it was written for and used in the George Lazenby Bond film "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". It makes me want to see this film for the first time. I knew the song from a tv advertising campaign from some years ago, but didn't know where it originated.

Just listen to that trumpet of Armstrong's. Absolute class. The song itself is sublime; a laid back, evocative and beautiful love song, with subtle harmonic shifts and dreamy strings. Can't stop listening to it right now. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God