Helen Hayes (1929-2011)





Mum had been very frail for sometime. Fortunately the nursing home phoned me on Sunday afternoon to warn me that her condition was deteriorating rapidly. I flew out to Dublin from Southampton that night and drove straight down (ignoring speed limits), arriving at the home at 11.45pm. She passed away 90 mins. later. 

I feel privileged to have been there with her. It was the least thing we could do after she had lived her life so totally for others.

Just before she died she opened her eyes at me. I prayed with her and talked to her, blessed her with holy water, kissed her on the forehead and as I did so she stopped breathing. It was so beautiful. At last she was at peace after so much suffering.

Comments

Anonymous said…
sincere sympathy and prayers
Bro. Jim Hayes said…
Thanks you so much EF
Fr PF said…
May she rest in peace. You are in my prayers.
TONY said…
James, I am sorry to hear about your mother. She sounded like a wonderful person.I will say a prayer for you and your family.
Ttony said…
RIP. Prayers for you and the rest of your family.
Bro. Jim Hayes said…
Thanks to all of you.
Unknown said…
Frère James,
Je prie pour ta maman. Elle est avecv le Seigneur et ainsi continue d'être avec toi. Tu peux compter sur son aide. Son amour pour toi est plus fort encore. Dieu la bénisse et te bénisse.
Bro. Jim Hayes said…
Merci fr. Yannick.

Popular posts from this blog

District 9 - a sci-fi anti-apartheid allegory and the first handheld camera masterpiece?

God You don't need me, but somehow You want me - Tenth Avenue North, “Control”

Transcendent God